The truth behind what it takes to create, deliver and sell online learning content.
There are 8 clear stages you need to go through before you can sell quality online learning content successfully – without driving yourself insane doing things in the wrong order! In this webinar, which I have converted into a lesson in my Library, we covered the 8 stages of creating, getting online and selling quality learning content.
How confident are you with the stages?
STAGE 1: Designing your Product: designing a learning product that will get rave reviews and confirm your reputation as the go-to-expert.
- Worried about refund requests and unhappy clients? Do you know what your clients need? What they’re expecting from the learning experience? Are you clear on the terms and conditions around how you’re going to deliver your content and support services?
STAGE 2: Writing your Curriculum: creating a solid, outcomes based curriculum that sees the learners taking actions and getting results.
- Great content, but it’s all over the place and you know it could be structured better? Is your training outcome / competency / goals based? If not, what are you promising your clients will achieve by learning your content? How will they apply it in their everyday life?
STAGE 3: Building your Resources: building learning resources like presentations and workbooks, that engage and motivate learners to take action.
- Know your learning materials aren’t up to scratch? Are your resources structured for online and offline success? Will your clients stay motivated and see it through to the end? Are your visual aids and the way you deliver death by powerpoint? Do your handouts help them apply their knowledge or simply regurgitate concepts?
STAGE 4: Evaluating and Reviewing your Content: practising continuous improvement so you can make your content better, every time you deliver it.
- Know that there are areas for improvement but not sure where? Are you asking for feedback then implementing routine improvements into your content? Are you listening to and learning from what your ideal clients are struggling with?
STAGE 5: Getting your Product Online: creating your online school in a platform which enhances your brand, makes it easy for students to work in and gives students the opportunity to undertake further courses.
- Need a learning platform or an upgrade to how you’re currently doing things? Do you know which platform you’re using to deliver your content? What automated support mechanisms need to be built into your sales process and course introductions?
STAGE 6: Creating your Marketing Funnel: capturing details of potential students, selling your products and collecting payments in an automated and integrated format so you can concentrate on other aspects of your business.
- Don’t have a funnel or know it needs an upgrade? Do you have a range of free, low cost and higher value items that you can lead your customer through as they build their trust with you and your products and services?
STAGE 7: Setting up Email Automation: building your rapport with your students, helping them feel supported and cared for, and give them the opportunity for advanced courses.
- Always doing admin and never enough time to do the real work? Are you still replying individually to prospective clients and welcoming each client with personalised one to one emails? Do you have a CRM and are you using it to its fullest capabilities?
STAGE 8: Publicising your Courses: advertising your courses on various platforms to ensure that your courses reach your target audience.
- Worried no one is going to know what, when or even that you’re offering a new course, bundle or package? Do know how, where and when to advertise so you’re going to find your ideal clients?
At the end of the lesson below, you will learn the basics of how to design, create, deliver and sell quality learning content that confirms you as the expert in your niche.
Here’s some feedback from clients we have worked with who have benefited from going through the 8 stages spoken about:
Maria has a deep understanding of Educational Design, she is a talented teacher and inspiring mentor. I worked alongside Maria for two years in a remote and difficult context as she successfully development and implement a comprehensive English program for both trainers and teachers.
The gains in English language competence for all learner categories were impressive and, most significantly, the local English teachers achieved internationally recognised certification and the skills, understanding and confidence to sustain and take ownership of the programs developed.Joy Pedersen, Teaching and Learning/Operations Manager, TVETSSP
Ilana has been an invaluable asset to my company. She has a wide range of skills and helped in so many ways: setting up teleseminars, web pages and membership sites for online courses; editing audio recordings; posting on social media; overseeing the design of web banners and ads; and more. She’s responsive, responsible, hardworking, conscientious, and fast–in addition to being warm, caring, and socially sensitive. My business has grown so much in the past year, and Ilana has definitely been instrumental: with her on board, I have confidence that things will be done well, which has given me the confidence and free time to focus on growing my business.Emmeline Chang, Writer and life/business coach
Ready to get learn the truth behind getting your content online?
If you’re a small business owner or a subject matter expert in your field, and you’re ready to have your workshop or training digitalised, put online, and then to start selling your online learning content I’ve converted the webinar into a lesson which will explain what what it takes to create, deliver and sell online learning content.
The lesson is available here.
Click on the above link to be taken directly to the Lesson. If you’re already a member of the Starter Pack, make sure you’re logged in! If you’re not, you’ll be redirected to the page where you can become a member.