Initially a Live Webinar (now a fully resourced lesson):
Convert your face-to-face product into a successful online learning experience
If you’re a practitioner or a subject matter expert in your field, there’s a fair chance you’ve delivered the same workshop or training over and over again and you’re a bit over it. You’re ready to have it digitalised, so the same message can go out repeatedly to whoever wants and needs it - without you having to physically deliver it every single time. Hallo time, energy and money savings!
If you’ve given it a go, you’ve probably found that recording your PowerPoint without an audience to interact with, just doesn’t have the same impact and you have no idea how to convert what is usually super engaging, motivating and client focused, into an online or digital version that will pack the same punch.
In this lesson you will learn:
- the difference between self study, live online and face to face training - and which option is best for you and your clients;
- how technology is changing the way we learn - and what your clients expect from you as a subject matter expert;
- the foundations of best practice teaching and learning - and how to apply them to any learning experience
- how to structure engaging training sessions with action based outcomes;
- create effective visual aids and workbooks; and
- Use delivery techniques that result in knowledge retention and action taking,
giving you the knowledge required to adopt best practice teaching practices regardless of the platform you are using to deliver your content.
Choose the sections that speak to you!
Originally, this lesson was a webinar with a live audience. Now it's a series of 8 videos, which all focus on a different set of objectives. Play them all from start to finish, or choose the sections that speak to you.
Time to watch?
You'll get a lot more from watching the slides while you listen to the presentation.
On the run?
or low on bandwidth? Download the podcasts . . .
Before you take this lesson, please note:
- Make sure you download the workbook before you listen to or watch any of the resources. Read through the Workbook before you begin and make yourself familiar with the questions - note down any answers you know already, and compare them to what you learn in the webinar.
- The numbers in brackets after the sections in each lesson, is the time that section starts on that video/audio.
- The polls mentioned in the below video series were 'live' on the original webinar video, and the results are not visible on the screen as they weren't captured on the recording.
- The offer you hear is periodically on throughout the year, and because you're a member of the Library you will automatically receive notifications when it's on.
Still got questions after watching all the videos?
I'm doing a series of LIVE Q&A sessions, for any other questions that relate to how to get your face to face content online. Don't be shy, ask away!
Ask your questions here, and get all the details on where and when to join us live.
- Housekeeping (how to get the most out of this lesson)
- Getting to know who's on the call, how much do you already know? (00:10)
- Why are we here? (03:27)
- What are we covering and not covering today? (09:24)
See Workbook Pages 1-3
1. How is the way we learn changing?
- How is that affecting the way we need to teach, train or coach our clients?
- How is technology (and the current global health climate) shaping the way we learn? (00:15)
- Where do people actually learn? What is 702010? (08:15)
See Workbook Page 4
2. What are the differences between online and face to face learning?
- What are the differences between online and face to face learning? (00:11)
- Exploring the alternatives for all elements of any learning experience - Materials, Community and Coaching (02:43)
- Questions and answers (07:15)
See Workbook Pages 5-6
3. What are foundations of best practice teaching and learning?
- What are the 4 elements? Why are they important? (00:32)
- Training Skills Assessment. (02:21)
See Workbook Pages 7-10
4. 4a What is outcomes based training?
- What is outcomes based training? (00:18)
- How do you create sessions with action based outcomes? (05:00)
- What are the major and minor outcomes of your content? (07:33)
See Workbook Pages 11-12
5. 4a What elements are required in training that is well structured?
- 4a Structure What are the elements? (01:18)
- 4a Reflective Task 1 Structure (13:30)
- 4a Reflective Task 2 Activity Types (13:44)
See Workbook Pages 13-15
6. 4b What are effective visual aids?
- What are all the different types? (00:44)
- Top tips for effective visual aids (01:59)
- Reflective Task (03:50)
See Workbook Pages 16-17
7. 4c What are engaging Delivery Techniques?
- What are all the elements of effective Delivery Techniques?
- Top tips
- Reflective Task 4c (04:36)
- Workshop key points and summary
- Post workshop Reflective Task (04:42)
See Workbook Pages 18-20
8. Questions and Answers from the live audience
- Do you think an hour and a half is too long for online live training? (00:24)
- How do you integrate quizzes and feedback into online videos? (02:16)
- What do you think of the structure of having Lesson videos and then meeting clients one to one? (04:29)
9. Questions and Answers from the live audience
- How do I turn my 3 hour live lecture into something online that will keep their interest? I don’t think my students will want to come to a 3 hour online lecture. Usually we stop for breaks and questions and there’s lots of interaction but I can’t do that online. Any advice?….
10. Questions and Answers from the live audience
- What are the 3 top tips for making workbooks more suitable for online learning?
11. Questions and Answers from the live audience
- Are there any considerations to take into account when thinking about the number of participants to have in an online version of my face to face workshop?
12. Questions and Answers from the live audience
- Should the practical/implementation part of my workshop (usually something clients do after the workshop), be an add on to the online workshop or described as part of what is delivered online?