If the information that keeps your organisation running is trapped inside the heads of your employees, or scattered around various hard drives...it’s time to change that.
Turn your collective know-how into powerful, well structured learning content for use online and offline.
- If your organisation employs industry leaders and experts who need to deliver strong, effective presentations and training...
- If you have reams and reams of great content buried in shared drives, but you have no idea how to deliver that to your clients and employees in an efficient, useful, actionable way…
- If you’d like your courses, workshops and resources to consistently leave people feeling educated and empowered…
- If you know you need better systems for backing up and organising your content and data, but aren’t sure where to start...
- If you’re worried about what you’re going to do when the one guy who has encyclopaedic knowledge of a particular niche leaves...
- If you know that in your team, you don't have the skillsets of a learning specialist or an experienced project manager for the creation and online delivery of high quality learning resources...
- If you need an L&D specialist on staff, but you don't have the budget to employ someone full time...
I can help.
Let’s take the knowledge and information that makes your organisation great right now, and develop learning resources to help ensure it’s going to be great in the long term - even if your hard drives crash, or top-tier employees decide to move on.
And let’s do it in a way that will up-skill your team (yep, you may never need to work with me again!) keep your project on budget, and see your organisation producing a set of resources that your whole industry can be impressed by.
Sound like something you and your team are ready for? Here's how I can help.
Hi, I'm Maria Doyle, an education and training consultant.
I help professionals in organisations and not-for-profits with systemising and digitalising their expertise. Or, in other terms: I help them get knowledge and information out of their heads and hard drives, and to the people who need it - in an efficient, effective, sustainable and scale-able way. Even if they’re not sure where to start, or don’t consider themselves natural born teachers.
I've been in this industry for 20 years, am Masters qualified, have worked in 10 countries and had 15 overseas postings involving teaching, teacher training and curriculum development - for both online and offline learning materials.
I've worked for schools, universities, vocational colleges, small businesses, and government departments, but the one thing that has never changed is my passion for learning, and helping professionals create quality learning experiences that create real change in the lives of their learners.
In short, learning and education lights me up - and I want your learning resources to light your clients up too.
I can guide, coach, or consult for you on any of these areas:
- PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT:
- Course Outlines, Overviews and Learning Product Design
- CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT:
- Theory, Outcomes, Competency based training, Assessments, & Practical Tasks
- RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT:
- Presentations, Keynotes, Delivery Skills and Visual Aids
- CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT:
- Reflective Practitioner Skills, Course Reviews, Feedback & Evaluations
Here's what we can create together:
The best way to do that,
is to make sure we follow best practice adult learning principles, which in short, include the four stages below:
Stage 1: Design Your Product
What product are you going to create?
How does it work?
How is it delivered?
What can your clients expect?
Are you catering for different learning styles?
Do you have a complete user experience plan?
Stage 2: Write your Curriculum
What are you going to cover in terms of outcomes, theory, examples, activities?
How much content do you have and can you find it all easily?
Why do they need this content? How will it change their business or lives?
How will you motivate them to complete the learning content?
Stage 3: Build Your Resources
How are you going to create the presentations, workbooks, activity resources, tapescripts, audios, videos?
Do you know how to structure materials for maximum engagement?
Are your teaching skills best practice for adult learning?
Do you want to avoid death by powerpoint?
Stage 4: Review your Content
Are you improving your content every time it's delivered?
Are you collecting feedback before, during and after the learning experience?
Do you know how and when to process and address the suggestions you receive?
Do you have content that needs a complete overhaul?
Not sure what that means? Or what it would look like for your organisation? Let me explain in a little more detail.
There are four main stages to creating quality learning resources.
We’ll work together - from wherever you’re at - to ensure the project is completed on time, on budget, and does exactly the job you need it to. Use the expander buttons in the boxes below, to read in more detail about the 4 stages.
Still not sure what stage you’re at, or why it’s important to go through all of them?
I totally get the urge to skip ahead and get to the fun part (seeing people loving your content, having resources that are easy to find and distribute).
Having worked with a number of organisations looking to get their content out of where it's being stored, and into a quality set of leveraged, engaging learning experiences, here are the answers to the questions I get asked about the process the most:
What do you get when you work with me?
Personalised Action Plan
For moving forward with your content and task planning and creation. No more confusion, overwhelm and stress regarding what to do next, or how to go about creating a learning experience that you KNOW is going to change lives.
A mentor who cares
Creating Quality Learning Experiences, and helping others OUT of their overwhelm and into a calm, organised, RELIEVED headspace, is what I excel at - my clients refer to me as a cheerleader for content creation - I'm there every step of the way - especially when the going gets tough!
A team of professionals
I've spent the past 5 years building a team of professionals I know, like and trust, so whether you need copy-editing, graphic design, video editing or web development, I have professionals I will work with, to get your project done RIGHT the first time.
You get to hand all the organising and systemising over to someone who (nerd alert!) loves doing that stuff and know that it's going to come back as a cohesive learning experience that produces raving clients.
Know your learning materials are 5 star quality. Know you have the skills to deliver it well. Start falling back in love with what you do - the content, how it can change lives, and getting that message out there to the people who need it the most.
Stop second guessing yourself and stressing out about what you should be doing next. Start focusing on creating awesome content (which you're best at doing anyway).
What's it like to work with me?
Well, I call a spade a shovel and I'm not into fluffing around or telling you what you want to hear. I am good at listening though, and will help YOU create the experience YOU want - not what I THINK you should have. Your circus, your monkeys.
I focus on results, and know that life comes and goes and things don't always go to plan. Most importantly, meltdowns are fine, direction changes are welcomed, and my job is done when YOU'RE happy and confident that your team can continue working on their own.
Not sure I've worked on a project like yours?
Here are some recent projects I have worked on with government, private and not for profit organisations:
- Creating an 8 part animated educational video series from a 25 page policy document for an emergency services department.
- Curating the IP from several departments into a range of online educational products for a not-for-profit organisation.
- Developing a tired, face to face workshop, into two new restructured products: an online self study, blended learning format (online course materials with community support and weekly coaching calls), and the completely revamped face to face workshop materials including presentations, learner workbooks, supplementary reading materials and facilitator guides.
- Developing a 45 question quiz, that helped build an educational sequence that delivered personalised responses in only the areas the clients self-identified as having. Need an example?
Who I've worked with
- Austraining International, Adelaide,
- Behaviour Tonics, Perth,
- Cash Converters National Conference, Perth,
- Coffey International, Brisbane,
- Curtin University, Perth
- Deakin University, Melbourne,
- Department of Fire and Emergency Services, Perth,
- Developmental Disability WA, Perth
- ILUKA, Perth,
- Polytechnic West, Perth,
- Vizcom Technologies, Perth,
- WA Individualised Services, Perth,
- WATESOL, Perth,
- Wellness Designs, Brisbane,
Need some specific examples? I worked with Debbie and her team
to create an 8 part animated video series from a 25 page policy on Alcohol and Other Drugs, for a large, state wide government department.
Ready to get started?
Let’s talk practicalities and pricing (because I know that’s the bottom line). You can work with me on any of the 4 stages of learning materials development, and I have a few levels of support I can provide.
It's like having an L&D expert on call, without having to go through the rigmarole of employing someone on a long term basis. Packages (samples below) can be created to suit your specific organisation’s needs; we can work on any or all of the following stages intensively, or at your own speed.
Stage 1: Design Your Product
What are you going to create, and what can your clients expect? Do you have a complete user experience plan?
Stage 2: Write your Curriculum
What are you going to cover in terms of outcomes, theory, examples, activities? How much content do you have and can you find it all easily?
Stage 3: Build Your Resources
How are you going to create the presentations, workbooks, activity resources, tapescripts, audios, videos? Will they be best practice for adult learning?
Stage 4: Review your Content
Are you improving your content every time it's delivered? Do you have content that needs a complete overhaul?
Learning Product Development Plan
- Designing the learning products based on organisation needs and desired outcomes
- Full written report including estimated budget, timeline, recommended contractors
- Full access to online Library of professional development resources
- Curriculum: theory, outcomes, demonstrations
- Assessment: activities, tasks, quizzes
- Content: slide decks, scripts, workbooks
- Delivery: presentation skills, user experience
- Feedback: evaluation, review mechanisms
- Daily email support as required
- learning resources production (hiring and managing contractors for graphics, video, tech)
- online learning system set up (selecting, populating, optimising user experience)
- daily email support as required
Got questions about the packages?
It's a big step. You have questions. It's only natural! You just have to explain what level of support you need and how I can best help you, then I can tailor a package to what your organisation needs.
Know this: I love working with professionals and organisations who are ready to invest in their learning content, to ensure it's of the highest quality, and created as quickly and efficiently as possible; after all, it is the core of your business, the product that will herald you as the experts in your field, the resources that are going to create such positive change in the lives of your clients that they spread the (good) word about you - it's worth the investment right?
Not sure what you need?
All good. Some times you just need a few hours of strategic planning, sometimes you need a short term consultant to manage a project. I hear you. Book your Complimentary 15 minute Strategy Session so I can help you move forward with your content and delivery plans. Every client is different, every solution is different.
I worked with Tony and his team
to bring some pizazz to a week long professional development and strategy conference for the managers of Cash Converters, a national company..
The Content Creation Quiz takes you through the myriad of different things you need to consider BEFORE you start creating content, so you save yourself time, energy and effort doing things the right way, the first time.
It's just one of many resources I've got for clients like you, in The Library; which is packed full of lessons, tutorials, worksheets and templates designed to solve the problems that my clients have experienced while working through the content creation process with me.
Made it to the bottom of this page? Hello! I get the feeling you *might* be fairly interested in getting started...
Book your Complimentary 15 minute Strategy Session so we can find out whether we're the right fit to be helping you move forward with your content and delivery plans.