If you are running a small business and the information that keeps your professional practice or coaching business running is trapped inside your head, or scattered around various hard drives...it’s time to change that.
Turn your knowledge into powerful, well structured learning content, so you can leverage your time and cement your reputation as the go-to-professional in your niche.
The question is - am I the right person to help you make that happen? You'll know you're in the right place if you resonate with what's listed below:
- You need to deliver strong, effective presentations and training to your clients in an efficient, useful, actionable way…
- You’d like your courses, workshops and resources to consistently leave people feeling educated and empowered…
- You want your knowledge packaged into quality resources that you know will get the same results however and where ever they're used in your business...... and
- You have reams and reams of great content buried in your hard drives, your existing materials, and even more in your head)....
- You have no idea how to extract it or create something useful out of it...
- You know you need better systems because you keep re-inventing the wheel...
- Even though you're a qualified professional in your niche, you don't feel confident as an engaging 'teacher' or 'trainer'...
- You're exhausted, time poor and know you don't have the skill set you need to do it right, the first time...
- You're overwhelmed by all the options when it comes to alleged 'coaches' who can help you do it successfully...
I get it. I can help.
Consider this your official permission to stop hitting your head against a brick wall and to finally get your learning content created - right, the first time.
I get it - that sometimes passion just isn't enough, that you've got so many ideas, and are so keen to get it all out there but organising it into a cohesive whole and making sure it's an experience that will leave your clients raving about you, isn't as easy as it sounds. You've tried. You're overwhelmed, you're a bit frustrated, and you're losing love for the work you're passionate about - and that was never the intention when you started out in business.
Let’s take the knowledge and information that makes your professional practice great right now, and develop learning tools that make YOU shine as the professional - and get your clients the results you know they're capable of.
Ease. Flow. On budget. Learning materials you'll be proud of, and that pack a punch online and offline. An easier way to deliver your knowledge, to more people, without you having to be there to deliver it every time. It's all possible.
Hi, I'm Maria Doyle, an education and training consultant.
I help professionals running consultancies or small businesses, with systemising and digitalising their expertise. Or, in other terms: I help you get knowledge and information out of your head and hard drive, and to the people who need it - in an efficient, effective, sustainable and scale-able way. Even if you're not sure where to start, or don’t consider yourself a natural born teacher.
I've been in this industry for 20 years, am Masters qualified, have worked in 10 countries and had 15 overseas postings involving teaching, teacher training and curriculum development - for both online and offline learning materials.
I've worked for schools, universities, vocational colleges, small businesses, and government departments, but the one thing that has never changed is my passion for learning, and helping professionals create quality learning experiences that create real change in the lives of their learners.
Here's what we can create together:
What do the end products look like?
Here's a selection of PowerPoint slides and corresponding workbook pages from 4 recent clients. Learning materials are designed and produced with my team who I have been working with for the past 4 years; together we create learning materials that look good, and WORK.
There are three main stages to creating quality learning resources (plus one bonus stage when they're done).
We’ll work together - from wherever you’re at - to ensure the project is completed on time, on budget, and does exactly the job you need it to.
Stage 1: Design Your Product
What product are you going to create?
How does it work?
How is it delivered?
What can your clients expect?
Are you catering for different learning styles?
Do you have a complete user experience plan?
Stage 2: Write your Curriculum
What are you going to cover in terms of outcomes, theory, examples, activities?
How much content do you have and can you find it all easily?
Why do they need this content? How will it change their business or lives?
How will you motivate them to complete the learning content?
Stage 3: Build Your Resources
How are you going to create the presentations, workbooks, activity resources, tapescripts, audios, videos?
Do you know how to structure materials for maximum engagement?
Are your teaching skills best practice for adult learning?
Do you want to avoid death by powerpoint?
Stage 4: Review your Content
Are you improving your content every time it's delivered?
Are you collecting feedback before, during and after the learning experience?
Do you know how and when to process and address the suggestions you receive?
Do you have content that needs a complete overhaul?
What happens in each stage? Here's what we'll do together ...
Still not sure what stage you’re at, or why it’s important to go through all of them?
I totally get the urge to skip ahead and get to the fun part (making money, seeing people loving your content, resources easy to find and distribute).
Having worked with stacks of organisations looking to get their content out of where it's being stored, and into a quality set of leveraged, engaging learning experiences, here’s the answers to a few questions I’m sure you have about 'why you’ve got to eat your vegetables first'.
Check them out below...
What do you get when you work with me?
Personalised Action Plan
For moving forward with your content and task planning and creation. No more confusion, overwhelm and stress regarding what to do next, or how to go about creating a learning experience that you KNOW is going to change lives.
A mentor who cares
Creating Quality Learning Experiences, and helping others OUT of their overwhelm and into a calm, organised, RELIEVED headspace, is what I excel at - my clients refer to me as a cheerleader for content creation - I'm there every step of the way - especially when the going gets tough!
A team of professionals
I've spent the past 5 years building a team of professionals I know, like and trust, so whether you need copy-editing, graphic design or web development, I have professionals I will work with, to get your project done RIGHT the first time.
You get to hand all the organising and systemising over to someone who (nerd alert!) loves doing that stuff and know that it's going to come back as a cohesive learning experience that produces raving clients.
Know your learning materials are 5 star quality. Know you have the skills to deliver it well. Start falling back in love with what you do - the content, how it can change lives, and getting that message out there to the people who need it the most.
Stop second guessing yourself and stressing out about what you should be doing next. Start focusing on creating awesome content (which you're best at doing anyway).
What's it like to work with me?
Well, I call a spade a shovel and I'm not into fluffing around or telling you what you want to hear. I am good at listening though, and will help YOU create the experience YOU want - not what I THINK you should have. Your circus, your monkeys.
I focus on results, and know that life comes and goes and things don't always go to plan. Most importantly, meltdowns are fine, direction changes are welcomed, and my job is done when YOU'RE happy and confident to keep working on your own.
Not sure I've worked on a project like yours?
Here are some recent projects I have worked on with government, private and not for profit organisations:
- Creating an 8 part animated educational video series from a 25 page policy document.
- Curating the IP from several departments into a range of online educational products for a not-for-profit organisation.
- Developing a tired, face to face workshop, into two new restructured products: an online self study, blended learning format (online course materials with community support and weekly coaching calls), and the completely revamped face to face workshop materials including presentations, learner workbooks, supplementary reading materials and facilitator guides.
- Developing a 45 question quiz, that helped build an educational sequence that delivered personalised responses in only the areas the clients self-identified as having. Need an example?
Who I've worked with
I've worked with a number of corporate organisations, universities and government departments but who I love working with the most are small business professionals making a difference at a grass roots level. Here are some of the most recent projects I've been working on:
- a suite of health and wellness programs with a naturopath,
- workshops and online training for small business accounting basics and a new book-keeping app,
- a consultant working with families who own businesses and their succession planning,
- media professionals helping small businesses get featured in radio, TV and print,
- a tech coach creating online courses for those new to using business software,
- home renovation and building 101 courses with an architect,
- coaching manuals, flying exercise syllabi and learning materials for competition skydiving, yes, skydiving.
Check out my Praise page, where you'll find a raft of testimonials from a range of industry experts and small businesses owners. I've also presented workshops and presentations at the following co-working spaces and special events:
- BubDesk, Joodalup, AUSTRALIA
- BubDesk, Perth, AUSTRALIA
- Hubud, Bali, INDONESIA
- Spacecubed, Perth, AUSTRALIA
- Take Flight Series, Perth, AUSTRALIA
- Virtual Legal, Brisbane, AUSTRALIA
If you're adverse to giggle snorting, skip ahead to the next section...
A client once told me that working with me was like getting your legs waxed for the first time. You know you want to do it, but you put it off and put it off because you know it's gonna hurt, and while you're doing it, it's intense and hurts like hell but when you come out the other side and the feeling is SOO good, you wonder why on God's green earth you didn't do it years ago. Ha!
Getting an idea of what it's like to work with me yet?
Want to hear from a happy client?
I initially worked with Nikki to transform her coaching program into an online course. She went on to pilot, review and completely revamp her program, and I've since helped her work through ideas for a book and other ways to extend her range of offerings.
Ready to get started?
Let’s talk practicalities and pricing (because I know that’s the bottom line). You can work with me on any of the 4 stages of learning materials development, and I have a few levels of support I can provide.
It's like having an L&D expert on call, without having to go through the rigmarole of employing someone on a long term basis. Packages (samples below) can be created to suit your specific organisation’s needs; we can work on any or all of the following stages intensively, or at your own speed.
Pick my brains
- 4 hours of coaching over a 4 week period
- 4 hours of group coaching over a 4 week period (1 hour per week)
- Additional email support as required
- Full access to online Library of professional development resources
Add me to your team
- 10 hours coaching over an 8 week period
- 8 hours of group coaching over an 8 week period (1 hour per week)
- Additional email support as required
- Full access to online Library of professional development resources
Got questions about the packages?
It's a big step. You have questions. It's only natural!
Know this: I love working with professionals and organisations who are ready to invest in their learning content, to ensure it's of the highest quality, and created as quickly and efficiently as possible; after all, it is the core of your business, the product that will herald you as the expert in your field, the resources that are going to create such positive change in the lives of your clients that they spread the (good) word about you - it's worth the investment right?
FAQs are below - if you have any that aren't answered here, hit me up for a 15 minute chat here.
Not sure what you need?
All good. Some times you just need a few hours of strategic planning, sometimes you need a short term consultant to manage a project. I hear you. Book your Complimentary 15 minute Strategy Session so I can help you move forward with your content and delivery plans. Every client is different, every solution is different.
Jules needed a keynote created quickly...
Jules had brainstormed the kind of information she wanted to get across, jotted down some bullet points but needed some help to get it across the line. This is what she had to say about the one hour session it took to bring the keynote into a cohesive whole.
Maria also needed a keynote presentation pulled together. This was her message to me after the first event she delivered it at.
Another client, who started with the online courses then upgraded to a coaching bundle.
We are now working on not just her presentations, but the full suite of learning materials that are going to make up her educational sequence, 20 Step Bookkeeping Freedom Challenge, and online learning material bank for her book keeping clients.
The Content Creation Quiz takes you through the myriad of different things you need to consider BEFORE you start creating content, so you save yourself time, energy and effort doing things the right way, the first time.
It's just one of many resources I've got for clients like you, in The Library; which is packed full of lessons, tutorials, worksheets and templates designed to solve the problems that my clients have experienced while working through the content creation process with me.
Made it to the bottom of this page? Hello! I get the feeling you *might* be fairly interested in getting started...
Book your Complimentary 15 minute Strategy Session so we can find out whether we're the right fit to be helping you move forward with your content and delivery plans.