Do you know how to transform your content into the perfect group learning experience?
Have you GOT a BUCKETLOAD of content, and the thought of systemising it sends you into a bit of a blind panic?
Do you know you’ve got good content, but that it really needs some structure, better outcomes and stronger activities to make it a more robust learning experience?
Does the thought of doing this on your own make you feel overwhelmed, confused and out of your depth?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes, I HEAR YOU.
The thing is this: NO TWO CLIENTS ARE THE SAME OR USE THE SAME PROCESS.
Sorry, shouty CAPS. But it’s the truth – there is no single formula or strategy that works for everyone, and there are oodles of different ways you can get it out of your head in a way that works for YOU – quickly, and in the right order so it’s easy to make effective learning materials out of it.
and that’s the key:
Get it out of your head in a way that makes it EASY to create effective learning experiences – because the information is already in the right order.
So, how to get it out of your head? Any of these ways can work for you, depending on the way your mind works:
- Verbally record
- Write a script
- Create a powerpoint
- Map out complete UX
- Use a curriculum map
- Create a workbook
- Use a mindmap
- Record client sessions
But the key, is to brain dump in the right order:
- Pre-test: how much do they already know?
- Pain-point: how do they feel if they don’t know this new knowledge?
- Gain-point: how do they feel when they DO know this new knowledge?
- Outcome: what will they be able to do differently?
- Theory: what do they need to know to achieve that?
- Demonstration: how can they learn from seeing it from all angles?
- Activities: what can they do to prove they have achieved the guaranteed outcome?
- Post test: can they now see how much they’ve learnt?
and that’s just a very brief summary. If creating learning materials has been on your to do list, the lesson below goes into all of these points in more detail, with a live audience, discussing outcomes, activities, and every one of the points above in real time.
Access the lesson below, to get a summary of the processes I use with my clients – how to get your learning content out of your head and into a well structured learning experience.
It’s all about creating outcomes based training that gets results.
So, how do you create outcomes based training? You do this by…
- creating discrete modules of learning that have client centred, realistic goals to work towards.
- layering the learning experience, so that your clients can immediately use their new knowledge.
- staying organised, on track and sane during the content planning, creating, delivering and reviewing phases.
- ensuring efficiency and productivity in your business.
What are the benefits?
- Recognise the perils of creating learning resources that are not outcomes based, scaffolded or well structured.
- Create a system that will keep you organised, and will give you a complete picture of your content, your resources and the marketing language you’ll need to pitch it to your ideal clients.
- Scaffold your learning journey into one that is outcomes based, organised, logically sequenced so that your clients are building on their new knowledge and skills, and YOU are staying organised and working efficiently.
You will be able to be able to structure needs-based, outcomes-driven learning experiences that get results and start to understand how to scaffold the learning journey and plan course content and materials.
Creating outcomes based training is an essential part of the product development process, and I have recently held a live webinar on Curriculum Development 101: which is now available in my online Library (see below Curriculum Development 101).
Here is some feedback I received after the webinar:
‘Maria, I watched your webinar this morning and it was one of your best 😊 The small audience really brought the content to life for me because you were able to interact with them and bring real examples to the discussion. Thank you for sharing the replay link!
Thanks for the webinar. It was to use your word – GOLD! Thanks again for your generosity and wisdom.
Ready to create outcomes based training?
Do you know you’ve got good content, but that it really needs some structure, better outcomes and stronger activities to make it a more robust learning experience? I’ve converted the webinar into a lesson and provided a workbook which will explain what you need to know to actually get that content out of your head into a structured learning experience, so the end result is something you’re proud of.
The lesson is available here.
Click on the above link to be taken directly to the Lesson. If you’re already a member of the Curriculum Development course, make sure you’re logged in! If you’re not, you’ll be redirected to the page where you can become a member.
But wait, I have a surprise!
This lesson is so important, and has become an essential part of my client’s course development process, I have also added it to my Welcome Gifts course so you can access it for FREE!
The lesson is available here.
Click on the above link to be taken directly to the Lesson. If you’re already a member of the Welcome Gifts, make sure you’re logged in! If you’re not, you’ll be redirected to the page where you can become a member.